Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Much needed

This past weekend was fall break. I can't believe I'm already saying that it has passed, but times moves on and I still haven't really gotten any homework done. I was able to go home and see my niece for the first time since she was born three months ago. I was just never able to work it out to get home to see her until now which makes me the bad uncle. But I was able to go this weekend to her baptism, so I like to think that I was just waiting to see her at her best. She was such a good baby. Not that some babies are "bad", but some other babies are definitely more fussy and spit-up-y. Kids are great once they're past the spit-up stage. Before that, they're pretty much tiny time bombs waiting to explode. But, not this baby. She must have gotten those superior Rupp genes.

I came back to campus Monday morning mostly because my bed at home is really hard and I can't sleep there anymore. If nothing else, I will say that Bluffton definitely has the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. The plan was to come back and get some homework done while I had some extra time to do it. So much for that. A couple of my friends and my roommate all stayed around through break, so there were too many distractions for me to actually get anything done. Now it's the last day of break and I'm scrambling to get everything done. Oh well. In the end it was a good time to relax and sometimes you just have to say "oh well" and move on.

I have come to the realization, however, that we're already halfway through the semester which means a few things:
1) I am not nearly ready enough for my Senior Recital next semester which is coming fast.
2) It's getting closer to the day I get to see my friends who are off halfway around the world this semester. I miss them and this next semester will be the last time we'll get to see each other for significant amounts of time.
3) All those semester long projects that I've been putting off should probably start getting done.

So much to do, so little fall break left.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

"Kids are great once they're past the spit-up stage. Before that, they're pretty much tiny time bombs waiting to explode."

haha, you crack me up.

Jessica said...

Scramble around to tell me what your recital date is. :-)

Unknown said...

:)

Miss you lots!