Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One final hoorah

I finally made it to my final semester of undergraduate college. I'm realizing this more and more each day as I start to think about what my life will be like a year, or even a couple months from now. I wonder how much I've taken for granted the fact that I got to live within walking distance (if not in the same building) as most of my closest friends. How much have I taken for granted not having to cook for myself, or drive to work every day, or pay to do my laundry? Have I taken advantage of all the resources I have here at Bluffton? It makes me sound like a big nerd, but it wasn't until the end of last year that I really began to appreciate the awesomeness of having a great library available to me. I guess the closer I get to the end the more all the tough things fade away and I realize how great these past four years have been. I've only got a few months left, but I will make the best of it, learn all that I can, be crazy with my friends all I can, and maybe do all the free laundry I can.

I don't mean to sound depressing. In fact, this semester is looking like it's going to be one of the best of my Bluffton career. My classes are all pretty interesting without being completely over-challenging. Sunday Night Worship is going really well and I've got great out look for that. My senior recital seems to be coming together. I might even be trying out for the musical this year because I think I'll have so much time to spare at the end of the year. Added on top of all that, two of my closest friends are back this semester from their semesters abroad so I'm getting to spend time with them. And added on top of even that, the Marbeck food has been pretty good lately.

I've got so much to do and see and learn in these last months I can't waste even one more minute here. Don't worry, though, I'll be sure to keep you posted on all that I see, do, and learn.

No comments: