Friday, April 10, 2009

Break? What break?

For the past couple of weeks it seems like I've just kept pushing things off and thinking to myself that I would do them over Easter Break. Now that that break is finally here, I am still having a hard time getting motivated. I feel like I've had senioritis since I was a sophomore, but now it's really kicking in. Part of me wants to just kick myself in the pants and make things get done so I can spend the next couple weeks just relaxing and sucking all the fun out of my last college experiences. I know that will never happen though. I just can't seem to make myself write a paper until the deadline is impending.

I was supposed to work on stuff all day today, but one of my friends asked if I wanted to hang out with him and his parents who had come down to watch his track meet tomorrow. I am never one to pass up a chance to swim (even if it's at the Comfort Inn), so I went. We ended up playing games all afternoon, going to dinner in Lima, and hitting up the pool for a little when we got back. After I hung up the phone telling my friend that I'd hang out with him and his parents I realized that the experience had the potential to be really akward, but it was anything but awkward. I think it was the "break" I needed to spur me into actually doing work. It was relaxing, fun, and a hot tub was involved, so now I'm all set to do some homework. Woot!

No comments: