Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Love is in the air...

...not in my own life, but I was blessed this last Saturday to make it to the wedding of two of my good friends who graduated last year. Mary and Scott didn't start dating until late in their college years, but when they did I think everyone who knew them thought what a great couple they made. They are both just really great people and it was good to see two such great people joining their lives and being so happy about it. It was such a classy wedding and reception, but of course since it was Mary's wedding it had to be fun too. Mary was always big into making up dances and performing them with her friends, so of course her and all the bridesmaids had something prepared. What was surprising was when a few of the groomsmen busted out their own secretly prepared choreography. All in all it was a great time.

I almost thought I wasn't going to make it, but Saturday morning I woke up and had reclaimed my left nostril and from there on out I've continued to feel better. I've seen a number of people across campus with the same sickness who are getting better at different rates, so I feel blessed to have gotten over it so quickly. It probably doesn't help, though, that some people I know are sick and still manage to stay up 'til 3 playing video games. I love sleep...and fluids...and not being sick.

The Camerata choir went to my home church this past Sunday. It was a little nerve-wracking. When I take someone to meet my family I'm always nervous that someone is going to say something weird or do something awkward, but this was like that feeling multiplied by an entire church family. It went well. Everyone talked about how appreciative the congregation was which I knew would happen since the music in my home church is a little lacking. It was good to be able to bring such a talented group of musicians to a place that could really appreciate it even if we were all a little under the weather and tired.

Well, I've got about an hour before musical practice, so I'm probably going to lay down and just be for awhile rather than do-ing all the time.

No comments: