Monday, September 1, 2008

Back.

Well, I'm back now. I guess I've been back for awhile now and you could almost say that I'm already back in the swing of things. Almost, but not quite yet. I'm still trying to get a handle on where I'm supposed to be and when. It only gets slightly easier the more years I spend at Bluffton.

There are a lot of exciting things happening this year...at least in my life anyway. I am a Hall Chaplain as well as being a Sunday Night Worship co-coordinator in charge of the worship band. Both of these things are already really challenging me, but it's a good sort of stress. I remember two years ago having a conversation with a friend's mom when I was trying to figure out whether or not to change my major. She gave me some wisdom that I will pass on to all of you out there: When you find something that makes you unable to sleep unless you know that you are doing that thing well, then that is what you should spend your life doing. As awful as it sounds, I honestly think I would have been able to sleep fine had I become a music teacher and and not done that well. But I think that changing my major to Music Ministry has been one of the best decisions I've ever made even though it feels less certain. I feel most alive when I am pursuing ministry.

These posts never really seem to go where I plan them to, but just suffice to say that I'm really excited about this year and all the possibilities it contains. Not much has actually happened yet, but I will keep you posted. So check back soon; it should be a busy week.


"The place where God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet."
- Frederick Buechner

1 comment:

Brooke said...

"The place where God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet."
- Frederick Buechner

very nice, i agreee dear Frederick.