Friday, March 13, 2009

Back

Choir tour was good but exhausting. I was actually in a very weird place personally because I wasn't physically or mentally tired because we didn't do anything all day, but toward the end of the trip I found myself being socially exhausted. I realized that for the past 5 or 6 days I had hardly been alone at all. I'm the kind of person that needs to be alone to re-energize myself, so after I realized this I made a conscious effort to pull away from the group when I could. Other than that, I am always amazed by the newness that each new concert/worship can bring. It's always a new audience, but the songs are the same for us singing them. But, it always seemed like God was showing me new things through the texts and the music. I am excited to have the choir at my home church in a few weeks. We don't have the best music at our church, so I think it will be very energizing for a lot of people to hear worship music done well.

Rehearsals for the musical have started. I'm pretty pumped about this show because I finally get to play a character that isn't much like my personal character. It will pose a challenge to act like a real gruff guy, but it does make things more interesting. And I'm really excited about working with the cast we have. It seems like everyone was cast in a perfect role

In other big news, I found out today that I was elected as May Day King. I guess it's kind of a big deal. From what I understand, the position used to be known as "Most Popular Guy" which makes me feel sort of queezy to think that that is what I was chosen for, but it is an honor. Plus I get to help pick the frehsman May Pole dancers and I'm hoping that my nephew will be able to be the scepter bearer. Maybe I can get to be the cool uncle for once. But all that is in the future. Who really knows where my king-ship will take me. I'm doing my best to be humble about it, but I did spend at least half an hour talking myself up to my friends.

No comments: