Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Out of the shadows

The title of this post makes it sound like it's going to be real deep and scary, but it's just the opposite. Today is one of the first really nice days and it seems like the campus is instantly coming back to life. During the winter you get people outside doing sledding and of course walking to and from class, but other than that it just sometimes looks empty outside. (Granted this is probably coming from the fact that I hate snow and all things cold.) Today, however, the sun is out, it's warm, and there's a nice breeze. Whenever this happens it's like people come out of nowhere and all of a sudden there's people playing frisbee or tennis ball golf, people sunbathing, town people walking dogs, people on bikes, people doing homework outside. There's just an explosion of people coming "out of the shadows" of winter.

Awesome.

I didn't actually realize today was St. Patrick's day until we were walking to forum and I asked if everyone coordinated their outfits to match. I can't believe I spent almost half of this beautiful, holy day without celebrating. Maybe I'll play some frisbee golf with my roommate later. He's always asking me to go, but it always seems to be either negative seven degrees or raining. I'm not nearly as hard core as he is. But maybe tonight...


Oh yeah, I got elected to be May Day King. More on that later.

No comments: